We need to have a lot more people like you who are showing the things that people with autism are good at. ~ Temple Grandin
Henny Kupferstein is a PhD psychology candidate with a specialization on autism research. She holds a Masters degree in Transformative Leadership. She is trained in music therapy and has a Bachelor of Science degree (magna cum laude) in Music from the State University of New York.
Henny’s research interests include perfect pitch, sensory integration, and autism. She is classically trained in piano, voice, and guitar. Henny also enjoys African drumming, Klezmer music, free improvisation and composing. Her current work focuses on advocacy, research, and scholarship. Please contact Henny about sensory and education consulting, piano lessons, and composing opportunities.
- Concern: Skype Piano Lessons Will Never Work for My Autistic Child Because…
- Why Piano Lessons for My Autistic Child? Top 10 Questions Answered by Autistic Piano Teacher
- Generalizing Standards for Autism Sensory Rooms
The following services are available:
- Music Lessons, Skype/FaceTime
- Interactive RPM in Piano Lessons with Non-Speaking Autistic Students
- Special needs consulting
- Music Improvisation experiences in your community
- College Readiness Educational Coaching
- Older adults – assisted living, nursing care, hospice
- Composing, Film Scoring, song-leading, directing
- Autism Society Youth Chorus
NEW BOOK! Perfect Pitch in the Key of Autism A Guide for Educators, Parents and the Musically Gifted
JOIN THE FAN CLUB! The Rancer Method – Teaching Piano to Gifted and Special Needs Students – FaceBook group for piano teachers and educators who are applying the Rancer Method in their practice.
Autism and perfect pitch are the reasons why my non-verbal autistic clients make glorious piano music when taught in the classical tradition. I use a scientifically-based method for teaching autistic students with perfect pitch. In our research, we found a near 100% correlation between autism and perfect pitch (Kupferstein & Walsh, 2015).
Individuals with Absolute Pitch do not activate the P300 action potential of the updated working memory because they are able to identify the tone just heard by existing permanent and resident representations of such comparisons 1. Perfect pitch cannot be taught.