Henny’s publishings include articles of many diverse subjects. The following is a list with direct links.
- Co-author for scoping review research protocol to investigate the potential of music-making as AAC for nonspeaking autistic students(starts on p. 51) – Kantor, J., Kupferstein, H., Skogdal, S., Anderson, T., Berg Olsen, E., Skogdal, E., Častulíková, N., & Kantorová, L. (2021) Potential of music experiences for augmentative and alternative communication users and their effect on communication training: a scoping review protocol. Journal of Exceptional People, 10(18), 51-59.
- Doctoral Dissertation: Able Grounded Phenomenology (AGP): Toward an Ethical and Humane Model for Non-Autistic Researchers Conducting Autism Research
- Research Study: Overall, autistics who received no intervention fared best, reporting the least severe posttraumatic stress symptoms. Why Caregivers Discontinue Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) and Choose Communication-Based Autism Interventions [Link to PDF] Kupferstein, H. (2019). Why caregivers discontinue applied behavior analysis (ABA) and choose communication-based autism interventions. Advances in Autism, 6(1), 72-80.
- Research Study: Correlation between PTSD and ABA: Parents tend to continue ABA despite lack of satisfaction with the intervention. Evidence of Increased PTSD Symptoms in Autistics Exposed to Applied Behavior Analysis Kupferstein, H. (2018) Evidence of Increased PTSD Symptoms in Autistics Exposed to Applied Behavior Analysis. Advances in Autism, 1(1), 19-29. DOI :10.1108/AIA-08-2017-0016 [PDF]
- Research Study: near-100% correlation between autism and perfect pitch: Non-Verbal Paradigm for Assessing Individuals for Absolute Pitch Kupferstein, H., & Walsh, B. J. (2016). Non-Verbal Paradigm for Assessing Individuals for Absolute Pitch. World Futures, 72(7-8), 390-405. [PDF]
Dr. Henny Kupferstein started the #banABA initiative. Allies and stakeholders may join the FB group and complete a database entry form to volunteer in this global movement for social transformative change. The aim is to dismantle the medical pathology paradigm and consider autistic culture relevant for scientific inquiry.
The Irony of Susceptibility to Manipulations: Grooming Neurotypicals for Social Ineptitude, “Who is more socially equipped? The one who is capable of surrounding himself with pretentious body language, or the one who is mindful of her full spectrum of awareness?” Full article link http://wp.me/p3ANNo-pa or Printer-Friendly PDF
A Response To The Autism Matrix: Why Jill Escher’s Autism Matrix is Pseudoscience, op-ed on The Jewish Week, May 1, 2017
An Unorthodox Life: Radio interview with KQED, April 25, 2017
How YouTube Helps an Autistic Boy Navigate the World – TOP OPS article for Times of Israel, April 3, 2016 (FB link)
Autism Action Plan 2016 – Proposal for NY Assemblyman Angelo Santabarbara, 111th District, February 25, 2016
“Why are autistic college students getting straight A’s but failing their internships?” Presentation at NADD 32nd Annual Conference & Exhibit Show, The Fairmont, San Francisco, CA. November 20, 2015. Video available for staff training.
Autism and Perfect Pitch: Research study finds near-100% correlation between autism and perfect pitch – Interview with Shanti Kurada for Autism Bay Area magazine, October 2015
Podcast: “Why Music Therapy Matters for the Special-Needs Student” – August 24, 2015, Presentation with Susan Rancer at the Commonwealth Club
Perfect Pitch: Autism’s Rare Gift July 2, 2015 interview with the Kennedy Krieger Institute on Perfect Pitch and Autism
Autism, Perfect Pitch, and Learning the Piano – Autism Bay Area Magazine, Spring 2014
Music Can Open New Worlds, CD Parent Pages, February 2014.
Words – A poem Published by Dr. Tony Attwood, December, 2011.
How the Law Evolved to Provide Services for Children with Disabilities – September 26, 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
Healing Harvest: Autism From Nature’s Bounty – September 26, 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
Can Autism Be Accurately Diagnosed by Close to One Year of Age? – September 27, 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
Autism Action: A Global Perspective – September 22, 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
Autism and Aging: What Happens when Children with Autism Grow Up – August 29, 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
“I Cannot Tell a Lie,” Children with Autism, Missing Milestone – 28 August 28 2010, The International Center For Autism Research and Education
Synesthesia: Brahms Sonata No. 1 for Violin in G Major – September 15, 2012, Personal Blog
Synesthesia: Mozart’s Four Flute Quartets – February 26, 2012, Personal Blog